Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Ch. 4 Furniture Arrangement Reflection

This will be a short reflection
As not much changed in my classroom based on this chapter.
I already had 4 tables that seat four students per table,
And two tall tables for two students each. 
With a whiteboard on the east wall 
And a large TV on the south wall,
There really was no front to the classroom to begin with.
My desk is in the back corner of the room.
Although I do have a table in the front corner where the document camera sits,
It's usually just used to hold materials and handouts needed for the lesson.
When something is needed to be projected,
Then the focus turns to the "front" part of the room.

I use a seating chart so students have a home base when entering the classroom.
These table groups are used when we don't have random groups at the boards.
This also helps when I have a sub teaching my classes.

One of my thoughts though is I could switch up the table groups as well 
For days when we aren't at the boards.

With the boards, I do find myself moving around the room 
when bringing the group back together for whole group discussion.
With the rich math on the vertical white boards,
Attention is directed to various methods of solving the same problem,
Misconceptions and questions from the group.
We have also used what's on the boards to help clarify our rough draft thinking
As we try to figure out what a particular group was thinking of trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment