Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Student Reflections - What Life Lesson Did you Learn in Math Class this Year?

One of my learning goals does not even center around math.
I want my students to walk out of my classroom 
more prepared to be a productive addition to our community outside these four walls.
I always ask at the end of the year,
What life lesson did you learn in math class this year?
This year's responses literally made me tear up.
Is it because of the climate change in our classroom with vertical white boards?
Is it a post-COVID thing?
Is it this group of students?
Whatever it is, this teacher's heart is all warm and fuzzy right now!

"Mistakes are okay."

"To discuss stuff to other people to understand it better."

"To not look at something and say it is too hard."

"That you will have to work with people you don't like."

"Don't ever give up."

I"t is ok to fail but not give up."

"If I try hard and give it my all I can be smarter than I ever though I was."
 
"That life is just a learning lesson."

"Everything has an equation!"  (LOL!)

"Things don't always go the way you plan."

"To use information wisely and to learn from your mistakes."

"Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses."

"Not everything comes easy."

"Things may seem hard because you don't want to do it, but they can actually be fun."

"There is always more than one to fix a problem."

"There are multiple ways to solve math problems and there are multiple ways to solve life problems and many ways work so you should always listen to everyone's ideas."

"It takes respect to gain respect."
 
Don't mind me...I'm just over here tearing up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment