Sunday, August 7, 2022

Ch 10 Reflection: Consolidate a Lesson

This is probably my favorite part of BTC.
Bringing the discussion full circle. 
The one thing that stuck with me though,
Was to level to the bottom.
How many times did I level to the top,
The place where we all needed to get to,
Only to have it flop, with everyone feeling frustrated.
By starting with the bottom of the tiered problems,
The ones that everyone successfully solved,
We were able to get everyone on the same page,
And then could slowly work our way through the more challenging ones...
And get more students where we needed to go in the process!

One thing that I need to work on is keeping the students standing next to their boards.
I started to have students sit back down at their tables, but according to the research, this drastically diminished the thinking.

Gallery walks.
I tried these.
What I learned is that I need to have a specific goal for the walk.
What specifically should they be looking for?
Are they comparing methods to find similarities?
Are they looking for differences?
Are they trying to find misconceptions or mistakes?

Something to work on this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment