Thursday, December 9, 2021

From the Students' Perspective

I was curious.
What learning activity from BTC did the students find most beneficial?

At the end of their quiz today, 
I posted the following six strategies for them to choose one.

1) Working at the vertical white boards
2) Whole Group Discussions (Consolidating)
3) No Grades on Classwork
4) Note Taking for my Future Forgetful Self
5) Check Your Understanding
6) Making Mistakes


I had thought the boards would be in the majority.
Last time I asked, 67% of the students viewed working at the boards as the most beneficial. 
Discussions came in second when I asked the first time.
I was surprised to see that Note Taking had such high marks.
Are students really seeing the value of note taking?
Are they using these notes to study from?
What are their reasons for rating this one so high?

I guess I have more investigating to do!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment