Sunday, August 21, 2011

Homework Completion and ZAPS


Reno Valley students can be ZAPPED this year...
if they don't get their homework in on time.

In math, I feel I must explain how homework is handled.
I have TWO types of homework.
It can be a little confusing, so I'll explain.

First, there is the graded homework where students hand in an assignment for a grade.
These can be ZAPPED.
Students will need to stay after school to finish these assignments that same day.

HOWEVER...
Some of our homework is reviewed the next day.
We go over the answers and how to solve the problems in class.
There is no way these assignments can be ZAPPED.
Students already have the answers!

Sooooo.....
These are called Homework Completion.
I check to see if each student has completed the ENTIRE assignment and is ready for class.
I give a 100% grade each time a student finishes HW Completion assignments just for doing what is expected.
But, I have to give a 0% for those students that don't come to class prepared with a completed assignment.

If you have any questions, please let me know.  You can either comment on this post or zip me an email at tmccabe@usd309ks.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment